2014 INFINITY Science Center. All rights reserved. Website developed by ARTS and Ellis Anderson Media.
Site photography by Ellis Anderson Media and courtesy NASA.
Content management by Ellis Anderson Media.
- Stennis Space Center (SSC) Director Roy Estess initiates effort to study feasibility of moving visitor and education programs offsite
- Key community leaders chaired by Leo Seal, Jr. formed a non-profit foundation with the goal of raising private sector funds.
- NASA entered into Cooperative Agreement with non-profit partner.
- NASA purchased 199 acres on I-10 outside SSC gates to provide a secure and accessible location for visitor and education programs
- Collaboration with MS Department of Marine Resources regarding 1,200 adjoining acres for environmental experiences.
- ESI Design is retained to develop the Center’s exhibits
- The firm collaborated with NASA, Navy, NOAA, USGS, EPA and other agencies to ensure the most comprehensive and topical material housed at the Center
- Feasibility Study conducted
- Architectural and exhibition designs are approved
- Honeywell, in cooperation with NASA, sponsors FMA Live, INFINITY’s first “science center without walls project, winning 3 national awards
August 29, 2005
- Hurricane Katrina
- Governor’s Commission on Recovery, Rebuilding, and Renewal cited INFINITY as critical to the recovery of the Gulf Coast.
- Mississippi Legislature approves $ 6 million for INFINITY
- Corparate, foundation, and individual donations are sought
- $ 500,000 Department of the Interior – Mineral Management Services Coastal Impact Assessment Program (CIAP) Funds awarded through Mississippi State University
- Mississippi Legislature increases INFINITY appropriation to $10 million
- NASA awards $5.2 million contract for infrastructure development at site
- Infrastructure development complete
- Construction continues
- MDOT commits $2.1 Million to build road to INFINITY
- Launch Paver Campaign targeting regional business
April 17, 2010:
- GTA 5 Cheats
- INFINITY Science Center Inc. awards construction contract to Roy Anderson Corp [The Sea Coast Echo (6Mb)] [The Sun Herald (3.5Mb)]
- Mississippi Legislature increases INFINITY appropriations to $12.5 million
- Topping Out Ceremony held
- Road construction begins
- Continue all campaign activity:Leadership, Major Donor, Corporate Partners and Public Support Campaign
- Build construction completes December 2011
- Road construction completed
- GRAND OPENING, April, 2012